Your number 1 goal at parties should be to book more parties…this we know. If you want to build a team in your business then your next goal should be recruiting. Parties are a GREAT opportunity to show guests how amazing your job is, how well you get paid and how much you love it so take advantage of that opportunity. Studies show that 50% of guests will leave the party curious about what you do…50% is huge!
Regardless of how you choose to run your parties, you should be speaking at some point so be sure to talk about your business! Don’t assume guests aren’t interested because the facts tell us otherwise. Be sure to talk about:
- Why you joined
- What you love about it
- How joining has positively impacted your life (this is connected to your ‘why’). If you joined to get out more, talk about how being a consultant allows you to get out, mingle and have fun with fantastic ladies like the ones at the party and how you can do all that around a schedule that works for you. If you joined for the income, mention something that your extra income has paid for or how the extra money has made your life easier in some way.
Look for green flags throughout the party! A green flag is an indication that someone may be interested in your business.
Green flags may include:
- questions about any aspect of the business
- placing a large order
- paying close attention to how samples are applied
- a high level of overall interest in what you do and how you do it
You can also use tools at parties to gauge interest in your business such as:
- door prize slip ~ directly asks the guests about their level of interest
- A sign that says ‘Consultants Wanted ~ Average income $25-50 per hour’ and you can also add ‘Ask me for an information package!’ or something to that effect.
- recruiting packages ~ bring at least 2-3 recruiting packages with you that include a catalog, a brochure, your contact info, some samples to take home and play around with (and share!), a recruiting letter and a note from you thanking them for their interest in the business. Let guests know that you have 2-3 packages with you and that anyone who would like one is welcome to it. I would hand them to the guest and at the same time, set up a time to chat with her about it. DO NOT give out recruiting packages without establishing a time to discuss it! Setting up this follow up appointment with her encourages her to go home and check out the package. It also makes following up considerably more effective when you have already established a time that is convenient for both of you. I can’t stress enough how important this is!!
Recruiting after the party ~
A few ways that you can continue to work on recruiting after the party include:
- reach out to each guest and thank them for coming (calls are often best…more personal), adding them on FB whenever you can and adding a host/join brochure to their order when it arrives. Adding them on FB means you can continue to expose them to your business!
- send a follow up email (in addition to the call/voicemail left) and give them the party breakdown including the hostess rewards earned and comment on the overall fun and success of the party! (This is also a great way to book more parties!)
- Use the “I get paid to have pretty nails’ stickers to put on the orders
- Go for the party booking whenever you can! We know hostesses are often the most interested in our business so if you aren’t sure of their interest level as a consultant, book a party with her first. Continue to look for green flags while you are working together on the party.
- Before closing the party, chat with the hostess and let her know the hostess rewards earned at her party but also let her know the commission earned as well! Talk about the kit credit before redeeming the rewards and offer that option as well.
Recruiting at parties should be one of the most effective ways to build your business! Be sure to have this in mind when preparing for and hosting parties. If you have great sales but are struggling to recruit, use some of these tips and watch your team grow 🙂